Panasenko Anastasiia Ruslanovna
Ukraine, Zaporozhia National University, Post graduate student of Journalism Department
The problem of national identity is very popular, including Ukrainian scientific community. This is due to many factors. In particular, the fact that the definition of Ukrainian identity can be certain theoretical way to create a national state, another ideological clichés by which certain political forces are developing new arguments in the struggle for power. However, the theoretical solution of the problem helps highlight the true national interest, which is a necessary awareness component of Ukrainian society, capable specify its viability. The very problem is specific to Ukraine. Abandoned in the last century, now it only worsened.
Keywords: identity, nation, national identity, patriotism, forms of the national identity.
1. Wolczuk K. History, Europe and the national idea: the «official» narrative of national identity in Ukraine // Nationalities Papers. – Vol.28. – № 4. – 2000. – P. 688.
2. Taylor Ch. Sources of the self: the making of the modern identity. – Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press, 1989.
3. Kartunov, O.V. «Western ethno(national and ethnopolitical concept: theoretical and methodological analysis», Abstrakt of Ph.D. dissertation, 23.00.02. Political Institutions and Processes, Institute of State and Law. V.M. Koretsky of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine.
4. Liapina, L.A. (2004), «Ethnic and national identity: characteristic theoretical and methodological approaches», Politychni nauky: Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’, v. 20, рр. 78—81.
5. Nahorna, L. (2012), «Category «national identity» in modern Ethnopolitology», Naukovi zapysky: Zbirnyk, v. 5, рр. 3—11.
6. Hobsbaum, Eric (1990), Nations and Nationalism since 1780: Programme, Myth, Reality, Cambrige, United Kingdom.