1PhD, assoc. Prof. Sirakov K.,
2DSc, Prof. Stoilova A.,
1PhD, Prof. Palov I.,
1Bulgaria, Rousse, Rousse University «Angel Kunchev”,
2Bulgaria, Chirpan, Institute of Field Crops
After pre-sowing electromagnetic treatments, with screw device, of triticale seeds, ultivar Boomerang, laboratory studies on the number of roots and lengths of roots and sprouts were carried out. Regression equations were found. The surfaces and lines of response of the studied parameters were built. On their basis they were established the values of controllable factors that would have beneficial effects on the development of laboratory parameters number and lengths of the roots, lengths of the sprouts, namely: voltage between the electrodes of the screw device (factor 1 x) U=(4.5…5.4)kV, exposure time (factor 2 x) =(22…54)s, and duration of staying of seeds from the treatment to their sowing in laboratory conditions (factor 3 x) T=(14…18) days.
Keywords: triticale seeds, cultivar Boomerang, pre-sowing electromagnetic treatments, number of roots, lengths of the roots and sprouts.
1. Baychev, V, Agronomic characteristics of triticale variety Boomerang. Field Crops Studies,
Vol. VIII – 2, (2012), 261-267.
2. Beres, B. L., Harker, K. N., Clayton, G. W., Blackshaw, R. E., Graf, R. J., Weed
competitive ability of spring and winter cereals in the Northern Great Plains. Weed Technol, (2010), 24:108-116.
3. Goyal, A., Beres, B. L., Randhawa, H. S., Navabi, A., Salmon, D. F. and Eudes, F., Yield
stability analysis of broadly adaptive triticale germplasm in southern and central Alberta. Canada for industrial end-use suitability, (2011), Can. J. Plant Sci. 91:125-135.
4. https://support.software.dell.com/statistica/8.0/release-notes-guides — software product, Statistics 8.
5. Mitkov At., D. Minkov, Statistical methods for testing and optimizing the agricultural machinery. Sofia Zemizdat, I Part-(1989), II Part-(1993).
6. Muhova A., Sirakov K., A.Stoilova, St.Stefanova-Dobreva, Iv.Palov, Study the effects of pre-sowing electromagnetic treatment of some laboratory parameters on triticale seeds. International Scientific and Practical Conference «WORLD SCIENCE», Proceedings of the III International Scientific and Practical Conference «Topical Problems of Modern Science and Possible Solutions―, №10(14), Vol.6., Dubai, UAE, (2016), 40-45. ISSN 2413-1032.
7. Oettler, G., The fortune of a botanical curiosity Triticale: past, present and future. 2005. J.
Agric. Sci. 143: 329-346.
8. Patent for the invention in Bulgaria, №30631, Device for pre-sowing electrical treatments
of seedling material. А 01С 1/00, А01 N 21/00, Authors: P. Terziev, Iv. Palov, St. Stefanov, R. Radev.
9. Sirakov K., A. Stoilova, A. Muhova, Iv. Palov, St. Stefanova-Dobreva, Study the effect of
pre-sowing electromagnetic treatments on laboratory germination vigor and germination of seeds of bulgarian triticale varieties. International Scientific and Practical Conference «WORLD SCIENCE», Proceedings of the III International Scientific and Practical Conference «Topical Problems of Modern Science and Possible Solutions―, №10(14), Vol.6., Dubai, UAE, (2016), 31-40. ISSN 2413-1032.