Artak G. Heboyan,
Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, Yerevan State Medical University after M. Heratsi; Yerevan, Armenia;
Narek M. Movsisyan,
Prosthodontist, Private Practice, Yerevan, Armenia;
Victor A. Khachatryan,
Prosthodontist, Private Practice, Yerevan, Armenia;
Keywords: provisional restorations, temporary restorations, interim prosthesis, interim treatment.
2. Al Jabbari YS, Al-Rasheed A, Smith JW, Iacopino AM. An indirect technique for assuring simplicity and marginal integrity of provisional restorations during full mouth rehabilitation. Saudi Dental Journal 2013; 25:39-42.
3. Luthardt RG, Stossel M, Hinz M, Vollandt R. Clinical performance and periodontal outcome of temporary crowns and fixed partial dentures: a randomized clinical trial. J Prosthet Dent 2000; 83:32–9.
4. Patras M, Naka O, Doukoudakis S, Pissiotis A. Management of Provisional Restorations’ Deficiencies: A Literature Review. Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry 2011:1-13.
5. Regish KM, Sharma D, Prithviraj DR. Techniques of Fabrication of Provisional Restoration: An Overview. International Journal of Dentistry 2011; 134659.
6. Ayuso-Montero, R., Martinez-Gomis, J., Lujan-Climent, M., Salsench, J. and Peraire, M. (2009) Influence of Matrix Type on Surface Roughness of Three Resins for Provisional Crowns and Fixed Partial Dentures. Journal of Prosthodontics, 18, 141-144.
7. Guler A.U., Kurt S. and Kulunk T. (2005) Effects of Various Finishing Procedures on the Staining of Provisional Restorative Materials. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 93, 453-458.
8. Christensen GJ. The fastest and best provisional restorations. J Am Dent Assoc 2003; 134:637–9.
9. Sen, D., Göller, G. and Issever, H. (2002) The Effect of Two Polishing Pastes on the Surface Roughness of Bis-Acryl Composite and Methacrylate-Based Resins. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 88, 527-532.
10. Michalakis K, Pissiotis A, Hirayama H, et al. Comparison of temperature increase in the pulp chamber during the polymerization of materials used for the direct fabrication of provisional restorations. J Prosthet Dent 2006; 96:418–23.
11. Klages U, Bruckner A, Zentner A. Dental esthetics, self-awareness, and oral health-related quality of life in young adults. Eur J Orthod 2004; 26:507–14.
12. Young CW. A simple and predictable direct technique for esthetic provisional veneers. J Calif Dent Assoc. 2004;32(2):178–183
13. Singla M, Padmaja K, Arora J, Shah A. Provisional Restorations in Fixed Prosthodontics: A Review. Int J Dent Med Res 2014;1(4):148-151.
14. H. B. Dumbrigue, “Composite indirect-direct method for fabricating multiple-unit provisional restorations,” Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 86–88, 2003.
15. Burns, D.R, Beck, D.A. and Nelson, S.K. (2003) A Review of Selected Dental Literature on Contemporary Provisional Fixed Prosthodontic Treatment: Report of the Committee on Research in Fixed Prosthodontics of the Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 90, 474-497.
16. Bennani V. Fabrication of an indirect-direct provisional fixed partial denture. J Prosthet Dent. 2000; 84:364–365
17. Hammond BD, Cooper JR, Lazarchik DA. Predictable repair of provisional restorations. J Esthet Restor Dent 2009; 21:19–25.
18. Buergers, R., Rosentritt, M. and Handel, G. (2007) Bacterial Adhesion of Strept ococcus mutans to Provisional Fixed Prosthodontics Material. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 98, 461-469.
19. Kuhar, M. and Funduk, N. (2005) Effects of Polishing Techniques on the Surface Roughness of Acrylic Denture Base Resins. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 93, 76-85.
20. Rüttermann S., Bergmann N., Beikler T., Raab W.H. and Janda R. (2012) Bacterial Viability on Surface- Modified Resin-Based Dental Restorative Materials. Archives of Oral Biology, 57, 1512-1521.
21. Edelhoff D, Spiekermann H, Yildirim M. A review of esthetic pontic design options. Quintessence Int 2002; 33:736–46.
22. Kim TH, Cascione D, Knezevic A. Simulated tissue using a unique pontic design: a clinical report. J Prosthe tDent 2009; 102:205–10.
23. Young HM, Smith CT, Morton D. Comparative in vitro evaluation of two provisional restorative materials. J Prosthet Dent 2001; 85:129–32.
24. Ehrenberg DS, Weiner S. Changes in marginal gap size of provisional resin crowns after occlusal loading and thermal cycling. J Prosthet Dent 2000; 84:139–48.
25. Ehrenberg D, Weiner GI, Weiner S. Long-term effects of storage and thermal cycling on the marginal adaptation of provisional resin crowns: a pilot study. J Prosthet Dent 2006;95:230–6.
26. Chen HL, Lai YL, Chou IC, et al. Shear bond strength of provisional restoration materials repaired with light-cured resins. Oper Den 2008; 33:508–15
27. Burns DR, Beck DA, Nelson SK. A review of selected dental literature on contemporary provisional fixed prosthodontics treatment: report of the committee on research in fixed prosthodontics of the academy of fixed prosthodontics. J Prosthet Dent 2003; 90:474–97.
28. Haselton DR, Diaz-Arnold AM, Vargas MA. Flexural strength of provisional crown and fixed partial denture resins. J Prosthet Dent 2002; 87:225–8.
29. Hagge MS, Lindemuth JS, Jones A. Shear bond strength of bis-acryl composite provisional material repaired with flowable composite. J Esthet Restor Dent 2002; 14:47–52.
30. Appleby DC. Repair of fractured connectors in a provisional fixed partial denture. J Prosthet Dent 2001; 86:449–50.31. Guler AU, Kurt S, Kulunk T. Effects of various finishing procedures on the staining of provisional restorative materials. J Prosthet Dent 2005; 93:453–8.
32. Lang R, Rosentritt M, Behr M, Handel G. Fracture resistance of PMMA and resin matrix composite-based interim FPD materials. Int J Prosthodont2003; 16:381–4.
33. Hamza TA, Rosenstiel SF, El-Hosary MM, Ibraheem RM. The effect of fiber reinforcement on the fracture toughness and flexural strength of provisional restorative resins. J Prosthet Dent 2004; 91:258–64.
34. Yilmaz A, Baydaş S. Fracture resistance of various temporary crown materials. J Contemp Dent Pract 2007; 8:44–51.
35. Chen WC, Hung CC, Hyang YC, et al. Fracture load of provisional fixed partial dentures with long-span fiber-reinforced acrylic resin ant thermocycling. J Dent Sci 2009; 4:25–31.
36. Nohrstrom TJ, Vallittu PK, Yli-Urpo A. The effect of placement and quantity of glass fibers on the fracture resistance of interim fixed partial dentures. Int J Prosthodont 2000; 13:72–8.
37. Bohnenkamp DM, Garcia LT. Repair of bis-acryl provisional restorations using flowable composite resin. J Prosthet Dent 2004; 92:500–2.
38. Lee SY, Lai YL, Hsu TS. Influence of polymerization conditions on monomer elution and micro hardness of auto polymerized polymethyl methacrylate resin. Eur J Oral Sci 2002;110:179–83.
39. Lai YL, Chen YT, Lee SY, et al. Cytotoxic effects of dental resin liquids on primary gingival fibroblasts and periodontal ligament cells in vitro. J Oral Rehabil 2004;31:1165–72.
40. Minami H, Suzuki S, Minesaki Y, et al. In vitro evaluation of the influence of repairing condition of denture base resin on the bonding of auto polymerizing resins. J Prosthet Dent 2004; 91:164–70.
41. Nejatidanesh F, Lofti HR, Savabi O. Marginal accuracy of interim restorations fabricated from four interim auto polymerizing resins. J Prosthet Dent 2006; 95:364–7.
42. Wassell RW, St. George G, Ingledew RP, Steele JG. Crowns and other extra coronal restorations: provisional restorations. Br Dent J 2002;192:619–30.
43. Papacchini F, Magni E, Radovic I, et al. Effect of intermediate agents and pre-heating of repairing resin on composite-repair bonds. Oper Dent 2007; 32:363–71.
44. Teixeira EC, Bayne SC, Thompson JY, et al. Shear bond strength of self-etching bonding systems in combination with various composites used for repairing aged composites. J Adhes Dent 2005;7:159–64.
45. Lucena-Martin C, Gonzalez-Lopez S, Navajas-Rodriguez de Mondelo JM. The effect of various surface treatments and bonding agents on the repaired strength of heat-treated composites. J Prosthet Dent 2001; 86:481–8.
46. Balkenhol M, KöhlerH, Orbach K, WöstmannB. Fracture toughness of cross-linked and non-cross-linked temporary crown and fixed partial denture material. Dent Mater 2009; 25:917–28.
47. Bolina J, Lautenschlager EP, Monaghan P. Bond strength of resinous materials to prosthodontic polymeric restoratives. J Dent Res 2005;84:(SpecIssA) abstract No0481.
48. Dumbrigue HB. Composite indirect-direct method for fabricating multiple-unit provisional restorations. J Prosthet Dent 2003; 89:86–8.
49. Patras M., Naka O., Doukoudakis S. and Pissiotis A. (2012), Management of Provisional Restorations’ Deficiencies: A Literature Review. Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry, 24: 26-38.