Zaporozhan V. M. MD, DSc, CEO,
Tkachenko O. I., MD, DSc,
Maksymovskyj V. Y., MD, PhD,
Mashukov A. O., MD, PhD,
Pyrogov V. V., MBBS
Ukraine, Odessa, Odessa National Medical Universtity,
Department of Surgery № 4 with a Course of Oncology
The article presents our experience of advanced gynecological malignancies surgical treatment. We retrospectively analyzed 1215 cases of gynecological malignancies and selected 313 patients with locally advanced disease. All patients undergone surgical treatment in University Clinic of Odessa national medical university from 2006 till 2017. 32 HIPEC procedures were included in this study, 24 with cytoreduction. One-year survival was 88,6 % for cervical cancer, 85,2 % for ovarian cancer, 79,1 % for endometrial cancer. Five and ten year survival rate was 31 % and 14 % among ovarian cancer patients, 18 % and 9 % for ovarian cancer, 38 % and 18 % for endometrial cancer respectively. Cytoreduction with HIPEC were well tolerated with no perioperative mortality.
Keywords: Gynecological malignancy, HIPEC, cytoreduction, pelvic exenteration, urinary
1. Cytoreductive surgery followed by intraperitoneal hyperthermic perfusion in the treatment
of recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer: a phase II clinical study / M. Deraco, C. R. Rossi et al. Tumori. 2001. Vol. 87, № 3. Р. 120-126.
2. Does hyperthermia induce peritoneal damage in continuous hyperthermic peritoneal perfusion? / A. Shido, S. Ohmura, K. Yamamoto et al. World J. Surg. 2000. Vol. 24. P. 507-511.
3. Extensive cytoreductive surgery combined with intraoperative intraperitoneal perfusion with cisplatin under hyperthermic conditions (OVHIPEC) in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer: a feasibility pilot / F. A. Zoetmulder, M. M. Kaag, J. H. Beijnemn et al. Eur J. Surg. Oncol. 2000. Vol. 26, № 7. P. 663-668
4. Factors predicting survival after intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy with mitomycin C after cytoreductive surgery for patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis / P. Shen, E. A. Levine, J.
Hall et al. Arch. Surg. 2003. Vol. 138, № 1. P. 26-33.
5. Intraperitoneal cisplatin with regional hyperthermia in advanced ovarian cancer: Pharmacokinetics and cisplatin-DNA adducts formation in patients and ovarian cancer lines / P. J. M. van der Vaart, N. van der Vange, F. A. N. Zoetm ulder et al. Eur. J. Cancer. 1998. Vol 34, № 1. P. 148-154.