Violeta Georgieva – Hristozova, PhD
Bulgaria, Stara Zagora, Trakia University
The article refers to students of pre-school pedagogy and children’s educators. It examines the educational philosophy of the founder of kindergartens and his concept of pre-school education, explained by his biographical data and an actual review of his basic pedagogical principles in pre-school education.
Keywords: Froebel, Kindergarten, play, child, preschool, education
1. Catalafamo, G. (1950). Froebel. Messina.
2. Deny, M., A. Pigache. (2017). Le grande guide des pedagogies alternatives. EYROLLES. Paris.
3. Dewey, J. (1997). Democracy and Education: an introduction to the philosophy of education. EC.
4. Froebel – Parker, J. (2013). The life of Frederick Froebel: founder of kindergarten by Denton Jacques Snider (1900). Author House.
5. Hernandez, F., I. F. Goodson. (2005). Social Geographies and Educational Change. Springer. Netherlands. Dordrecht.
6. MacVannel, J. (2013). The educational theories of Herbart and Froebel. Miami.
7. Phelps, W. (1879). Froebel. New York.
8. Pound, L. (2012). How Children Learn: From Montessori to Vygosky – Educational Theories and Approaches Made Easy. Andrews UK Limited.
9. Seeley, L. (2009). History of Education. EC.
10. Smith, Ph., E. Lawrence. (2012). Froebel and English education perspectives on the founder of the kindergarden. Oxon.
11. Snider, D. (2004). The life of Frederick Froebel: founder of kindergarten. Hawaii.
12. Taneja, V. R., S. Taneja. (2006). Educational Thinkers. Atlantic Publisher & Dist.
13. Waks, L. (2014). Leaders in Philosophy of Education: Intellectual Self-Portraits. Second Edition. Springer Science & Business Media B. V. Rotterdam.
14. Wallace, S. (2009). Fridrich Froebel. Oxford University Press.
15. White, J. (1916). The educational ideas of Froebel. London.